Chen Style Taijiquan, Wang Xi'an System, Foundation Training & Old Frame First Routine with Dr. Robert Bacher
Dr. Bacher's teaching method emphasizes the importance of the health as well as the self-defense aspects of taiji. Every basic exercise and form movement is clearly demonstrated and explained as to how and why it fulfills both of these functions.
When you attend a class or workshop with Dr. Bacher, you will understand that as a martial art, tai chi must fulfill two functions:
- Tai chi must be good for cultivating health for your whole lifetime.
- Tai chi must be applicable for self-defense for your whole lifetime.
Foundation Training (Jibengong)
Students will learn tai chi principles and theory along with the following 6 components:
- How to Stand - learn how to align your body with gravity to relax and conserve energy - the key to all tai chi postures and movements
- How to Breathe - tai chi's specific method of breathing to energize your whole body for vibrant health and well being
- How to Loosen Up - a series of gentle joint rotation exercises to loosen up muscles and joints, increase circulation, relieve and prevent joint pain and injuries, and reverse the effects of aging
- How to Silk Reel - Silk reeling is tai chi's continually spiraling/coiling whole body movements. Silk reeling strengthens and tones muscles, tendons, and ligaments, cultivates powerful Qi circulation, improves cardiovascular and lymphatic function, and heals and prevents soft tissue injuries - the healthiest and most intelligent way to exercise the whole body
ABOUT DR. BOB BACHER:
- Student and teacher of taijiquan, qigong, meditation, karate, yoga, and various natural healing systems since 1969.
- Many years intensive training in Chenjiagou, China (the historical birthplace of taijiquan) under the stict supervision of Grandmaster Wang Xi'an.
- 20th generation lineage teacher for original Chen Family taijiquan under the strict guidance of 19th generation Grandmaster Wang Xi'an, chief lineage holder for the original Chen family art of taijiquan.
- Doctor of Chiropractic - graduate Western States Chiropractic College (1980) DC degree.
- Has worked in the capacity as Doctor of Chiropractic since 1980 worldwide (North America, Central America, South America, Asia, and Europe).
- Studied and taught taijiquan and other martial arts worldwide since 1970.
EASTOVER is A 600-acre sanctuary and holistic retreat center located in the cultural hub of the Berkshires - minutes from Tanglewood, Kripalu & many cultural venues. The estate is designed around a hundred year old evocative “Summer Cottage” and immerses you in a contemplative, holistic environment from the moment you enter its grounds - with its courtyards and terraces overlooking English & Japanese gardens, inviting mix of meadows, woodland trails and breathtaking views of the Berkshire Mountains.
On the first floor of the mansion you will find a lovely Chinese Tea Room, a meditation room/yoga studio, a Chinese calligraphy station, and a terrace dining hall. Additionally, Eastover offers a sun drenched cafe, meeting rooms and a wide range of overnight accommodations, from rustic to luxurious.
Eastover has a beautiful heated indoor pool and a sauna as well. Massage services are available.